Daniel Flanzig is the firm's lead trial attorney litigating cases throughout New York City, Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester counties as well as and the Eastern and Southern United States District Courts.
He has obtained multiple verdicts and settlements in excess of a Million Dollars on behalf of the firms' clients. Mr. Flanzig has been awarded and maintains a Martindale Hubbel Preeminent AV rating by his peers, the highest rating an attorney can obtain. He has been granted membership in the prestigious Million Dollar Advocates Forum for attorneys who have obtained trial verdicts in excess of One Million Dollars and has been consistently named a New York Super Lawyer since 2007. Pulse Magazine has called Daniel Flanzig one of Long Island's "Top Legal Eagles". He has appeared in New York Magazine and The Wall Street Journal as a "New York Area Top Rated Lawyer". Mr. Flanzig has been repeatedly quoted in The New York Times, The New York Post, The Daily News, Long Island's Newsday, and The New York Law and National Law Journals. He has also appeared on News 12 Long Island, Channel 11 News, CBS News, News 12 Brooklyn, and other national and international news outlets with regard to high profile cases the firm has handled.
He is an active member of the Nassau County Police Reserves and has been a contributing columnist to the New York State Association of Fire Chiefs, authoring articles on the rights and protection of Fire Fighters in New York State.
Mr. Flanzig frequently lectures on emerging areas of law such as nursing home abuse and bicycle crash litigation. Bicycle Times Magazine recently featured him as a National leader in "Bike Law" and advocacy. He has helped develop the first-ever "Bike Crash" litigation package on behalf of the American Association of Justice and has presented one of the first Live Continuing Education Programs on "Bike Law" in the State. He is the founder and Chair Person of the New York State Trial Lawyers Bicycle Litigation sub-committee and proudly serves as a board member of the New York Bicycling Coalition, New York's only statewide bicycle advocacy group.
Safe Streets' advocacy is a passion of Mr. Flanzig's. He works with numerous organizations including Transportation Alternatives and Bike NY helping to advance Vision Zero initiatives in New York. He is the founder and Board Member of Long Island Streets, a non-for-profit focused on bike and pedestrian safety throughout Long Island, Brooklyn, and Queens. Mr. Flanzig chairs his Village's Traffic and Safety Committee and has been invited by the County of Nassau to serve as an Advisor and participant at the Nassau County Traffic Safety Board.
- New York State Courts, 1995
- United States District Courts for the Eastern District of New York, 1995
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, 1995
- Chair - NYSTLA - Bicycle Litigation Sub-Committee
- Chair- Village of Sea Cliff, NY - Traffic and Safety Committee
- Board Member- New York Bicycling Coalition
- Founder and Board Member- Long Island Streets
- Member/Advisor - Nassau County Traffic Safety Board
- AAJ - American Association of Justice
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- AAJ- Bicycle Litigation Group
- Transportation Alternatives
- New York Bicycle Coalition
- League of American Bicyclists
- Nassau County Police Reserves
- C.L.I.M.B. - Concerned Long Island Mountain Bikers