Scaffold Accident Lawyers in New York
New York Injury Lawyers You Can Trust
The Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) reports that nearly 75% of scaffolding injuries result from planking / supports giving way or an employee slipping or being struck by an object. In nearly 4 of every 5 scaffolding accidents, safety guard rails were not in place. If you or a loved one was injured in a construction accident, call a New York personal injury lawyer from our Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® rated law firm, Flanzig & Flanzig, LLP.
Contact us online, or call our New York scaffold accident attorneys at (888) 290-5994.
We’re Here to Protect Your Rights
Employers are required to provide the proper safety training for construction workers. Additionally, New York’s Scaffold Law requires building owners and general contractors to provide workers with proper scaffolds, harnesses, hoists, and other safety equipment when working at elevation. They cannot delegate the responsibility to subcontractors, their employees, or others.
Common types of scaffolding used in New York include:
- Single-fold scaffolds, often used for painting or repairing outside walls
- Birdcage or independent scaffolds, scaffolding commonly seen with two or more rows of vertical pipes with horizontal pipes used for support
- Swing-stage or suspended scaffolds, used by window washers in which the scaffolding is suspended from the building
What Causes Scaffolding Accidents?
Serious injury or death in New York scaffolding accidents are often caused by:
- A lack of fall protection, such as guardrails
- Lack of safety lines and netting
- Collapse of scaffolding due to poor condition of equipment
- Improper installation
- Being struck by falling tools, work materials, or other debris
- Electrocution when scaffolding or work equipment comes into contact with power lines
At Flanzig & Flanzig, LLP, we work to recover damages for lost wages, loss of income, pain and suffering, and other damages from those responsible for scaffolding accidents. These parties include contractors, subcontractors, property owners, and equipment manufacturers.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injury or killed in a scaffolding accident, contact our New York scaffold accident lawyers at (888) 290-5994 to discuss your rights. We serve clients in Manhattan, Queens, Long Island, Staten Island, Suffolk County, Westchester, and Nassau County.
Exceptional Service!!- Jeremy Gladstone
Not just a personal injury firm Flanzig and Flanzig is dedicated to improving cycling safety and reforming transportation laws.- Martin Buchman
The Flanzigs have what it takes...compassion, integrity, et. al.- Matthew's Mom
He always responded promptly to emails.- Mars
I cannot say enough good things.- Ginger