New York Injury Lawyers You can Trust
The Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) reports that
nearly 75% of scaffolding injuries result from planking / supports giving
way or an employee slipping or being struck by an object. In nearly 4
of every 5 scaffolding accidents, safety guard rails were not in place.
If you or a loved one was injured in a construction accident, call a New
York personal injury lawyer from our Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent®
rated law firm, Flanzig & Flanzig, LLP.
We’re Here to Protect Your Rights
Employers are required to provide the proper safety training for scaffold
New York’s Scaffold Law requires building owners and general contractors to provide workers with
proper scaffolds, harnesses, hoists, and other safety equipment when working
at elevation. They cannot delegate the responsibility to subcontractors,
their employees, or others.
Common types of scaffolding used in New York include:
- Single-fold scaffolds, often used for painting or repairing outside walls
- Birdcage or independent scaffolds, scaffolding commonly seen with two or
more rows of vertical pipes with horizontal pipes used for support
- Swing-stage or suspended scaffolds, used by window washers in which the
scaffolding is suspended from the building
What Causes Scaffolding Accidents?
Serious injury or death in New York scaffolding accidents are often caused by:
- A lack of fall protection, such as guardrails
- Lack of safety lines and netting
- Collapse of scaffolding due to poor condition of equipment
- Improper installation
- Being struck by falling tools, work materials, or other debris
- Electrocution when scaffolding or work equipment comes into contact with
At Flanzig and Flanzig we work to recover damages for lost wages, loss
of income, pain and suffering, and other damages from those responsible
for scaffolding accidents. These parties include contractors, subcontractors,
property owners, and equipment manufacturers.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injury or killed in a scaffolding
contact Flanzig & Flanzig, LLP at 888-290-5994 to discuss your rights. We serve clients in Manhattan,
Queens, Long Island, Staten Island, Suffolk County, Westchester, and Nassau County.