Daniel Flanzig - Partner
Born: Huntington, NY
College: Rutgers University, 90'
Law School: City University of New York 94'
- New York State Courts, 1995
- United States District Courts for the Eastern District of New York, 1995
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, 1995
- AAJ - American Association of Justice
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Chair - NYSTLA - Bicycle Litigation Sub-Committee
- Board Member- New York Bicycling Coalition
- Nassau County Police Reserves
Member- Million Dollar Advocate Forum
Super Lawyers-NY Metropolitan Region, since 2007
- AAJ- Bicycle Litigation Group
- Transportation Alternatives
- New York Bicycle Coalition
- League of American Bicyclists
- Member - Million Dollar Advocate Forum
- Super Lawyer - NY Metropolitan Region, 2007 - 2016
- New York's Area's Top Rated Lawyers
- Long Island's Top Rated Lawyers
Daniel Flanzig is the firm's lead trial attorney litigating cases throughout
New York City, Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester counties as well as and
the Eastern and Southern United States District Courts.
He has obtained multiple Verdicts and Settlements in excess of a Million
Dollars on behalf of the firms clients. Mr. Flanzig has been awarded and
maintains a Martindale Hubbel Preeminent AV rating by his peers, the highest
rating an attorney can obtain. He has been granted membership in the prestigious
Million Dollar Advocates Forum for attorneys who have obtained trial verdicts in excess of One Million
Dollars and has been consistently named a
New York Super Lawyer since 2007. Pulse Magazine has called Daniel Flanzig one of Long Island's
"Top Legal Eagles". He has appeared in
New York Magazine and
The Wall Street Journal as a
"New York Area Top Rated Lawyer". Mr. Flanzig has been repeatedly
quoted in The New York Times, The New York Post, The Daily News, Long Island's
Newday, and The New York Law and National Law Journals. He has also appeared
on News 12 Long Island, Channel 11 News, CBS News, News 12 Brooklyn, and other
national and international news outlets with regard to high profile cases the firm has handled.
Mr. Flanzig is a former member of the East Brunswick Rescue Squad and Rutgers
University First Aid Squad. He served as a Civilian Intern in the Enforcement
Division of the U.S. Coast Guard, Group New York, and as a legal intern
with the Regional Counsel's Office for the United States Custom Service.
He is an active Member of the Nassau County Police Reserves and has been
a contributing columnist to the New York State Association of Fire Chiefs,
authoring articles on the rights and protection of Fire Fighters in New
Mr. Flanzig frequently lectures on emerging area's of law such as nursing
home abuse and bicycle crash litigation.
Bicycle Times Magazine recent featured him as a National leader in "Bike Law" and advocacy.
He has helped developed the first ever "Bike Crash" litigation
package on behalf of the American Association of Justice and has presented
one of the first Live Continuing Education Programs on "Bike Law"
in the State. He is the founder and Chair Person of the New York State
Trial Lawyers Bicycle Litigation sub-committee and proudly serves as a
board member of the New York Bicycling Coalition, New York's only
statewide bicycle advocacy group.
Co- Author of
"Wheels of Justice" a monthly Law Blog published by the New York Bicycle Coalition
- "Doored" while Cycling in New York-Not as simple as riding a
Bike - New York Law Journal- May, 2012
- Recognizing and Handling the Growing Claims for Loss of Sepulcher Rights
- NY Law Journal Oct. 2011
- Cycling and the Doctrine of Assumption of Risk- NY Law Journal, Jan. 2012
- Liability of Emergency Vehicle Operators- Size Up Magazine, NYSFCA Winter 2004
- Ensuring Legal Protection for Injured Firefighters, Size Up Magazine NYSFCA
- Liability of Emergency Medical Service Providers - Size Up Magazine, NYSFCA Fall 2007
Bike Crash Advice for NYC Cyclists - Rapha Cycle Club-NYC- March 18, 2015
Daniel Flanzig presented a "Pro Talk" lecture at the Rapha Bike
Shop "Things a NY cyclist needs to know after a crash".
Bike Law 101-The Basics of Handling a Bike Crash Case-June 19th, 2013 - American Association of Justice-
Daniel Flanzig, as a member of the AAJ-Bicycle Litigation Group, was a
presenter of one of the Country's first national Bike law Litigation Webinars.
Cycling through NY Bike Crash Litigation - April 22, 2013, New York, NY
Daniel Flanzig presented a live Webinar for Lawline, one of the countries
largest on-line CLE providers. This was the first of such Bike Law programs
ever produced by this company and will remain in their library for other
attorneys in New York to obtain CLE credits and learn more about bike
crash litigation in New York.
A Beginners Guide to Handling a Bike Crash Case in New York - March 13, 2013, Carle Place, New York.
Daniel Flanzig Presented one of the first
LIVE Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Programs in New York to over 100 lawyers
on the basics of handling a bike crash case in New York.
Introduction to Handling a Nursing Home and Other Elder Abuse Cases" February 29, 2012
Daniel Flanzig presented a New York State CLE program on the basics of
handling an Elder Abuse case in New York on behalf of E- Realty Co.
Presentation at Manhattan Borough President's Office