In this section of the site, we offer a look into some of the more interesting and high profile cases we are presently working on.
Remember, we accept no legal fees for personal injury or medical malpractice cases unless we obtain a verdict or settlement on your behalf!!!
Former Nassau County Jail Medical Director Arrested For Selling Fake Painkiller Prescriptions
A former medical director of the Nassau County Correctional Center
was arrested and charged with selling painkiller prescriptions to an undercover Rockville Centre police detective without performing any medical examination, authorities said.
The doctor was charged with 10 counts of criminal sale of a prescription for a controlled substance. He faces up to five-and-a-half years in prison and is due back in court on Jan. 6.
The doctor worked as an endocrinologist for the Nassau University Medical Center for 36 years before being named the medical director for the Nassau County Correctional Center in 1999, a position he held for two years.
Our client has retained us to represent her in a medical malpractice claim against the doctor, when he failed to properly monitor her and perform proper testing while he was prescribing the diet drug, Phentermine, and in failing to advise the Plaintiff of the potential side effects of the medication.
HORRIFIC CAR CRASH AT BRONX BUS SHELTER
Livery Cab Slams Into Crowded Bronx Bus Stop, Leaving One Person Dead
Our office is presently representing the victim of a horrific automobile accident in the Bronx. In addition to bringing an action against the drivers of the two cars involved in the collision, we have also commenced an action against the City of New York, the MTA, and CEMUSA, the company who placed and installed the bus shelter pursuant to a multi-million dollar contract with the City of New York. Our investigation revealed that the bus shelter was placed in an area with a high incident of traffic accidents. In addition to the placement, we allege that the bus shelter lacked the appropriate design and structural integrity to be placed in such a high accident area.
FAULTY AUTOMOBILE LIFT INJURES AUTO MECHANIC
We are presently representing an auto mechanic who was working at a local dealership when the lift he was working under lost hydraulic pressure, causing the lift and the vehicle on it to fall and strike our client. As a result our client has sustained devastating injuries. A claim has been made against the service company hired by his employer and the owner of the building, alleging negligence in the maintenance and ownership of the lift.
NYC Bicycle Accidents
We are presently representing several bicycle riders within New York City and the surrounding boroughs. These claims arrise out of accidents that occurred under various scenarios.
- In one case our client was struck by cab door that had been opened into her lane of travel, known as "dooring."
- Our client, a bicyclist, struck an unsafe Con Ed vault within in a bike lane, causing her to lose control and fall.
- Our client was struck by a negligent vehicle operator who was making a turn. The driver struck our client who was riding along the left side of the roadway.
NURSING HOME AND ASSISTED LIVING FACILITIES
We are presently representing numerous patients of assisted living facilities and nursing homes who have suffered falls, bedsores, neglect, and malnutrition or dehydration while being patients at these facilities. Some of these cases involve the following:
- A case invloving a fall by an elderly woman at an in-patient rehabilation center while she was under going physical therapy.
- A case against a Nursing Home causing the wrongful death of an elderly man due to dehydration.
- A case invloving the dropping of a elderly patient when the bedside lift failed, causing her to fall and fracture her hip.
- A case against a Nursing Home for allowing a patient to elope and leave the premises unattended.
- A case against a Nursing Home for failing to properly monitor a patient and for leaving her unattended in the bathroom, where she fell and lacerated her head.
No one knows the dangers of working on New York's Construction Sites better than some of our clients. We are presently representing the following clients:
- A welder who was injured when a portion of cut steel was dropped at a construction site in the Bronx, resulting in severe burns and scarring.
- A painter who fell from a ladder that was not appropriate for the work he was perfoming, causing him to sustain a severe wrist fracture.